Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Spanish rice and beans


I went for a long walk with a friend today and enjoyed the unseasonable weather in CT.

Dinner tonight was easy, I rummaged around my pantry for a can of black beans, a box of Spanish rice and I reheated the leftover chicken from last night.

The beans I doctored by sauteing 1/2 an onion in a little olive oil in a pan on medium high heat. Cook for 4 minutes, add in 2 cubes of frozen garlic and stir around until it melts. Add in the beans, and add a couple shakes of Adobo seasoning and a pinch of black pepper. Cook on medium low heat until ready to eat. Before serving, squeeze the juice from 1/2 lime and add a couple fresh cilantro leaves if you have them. The kids loved the beans- WITHOUT the cilantro and mixed them in with their rice. In fact, my little one even asked for beans and rice for lunch tomorrow.

We revisited adding more vegetables into our vocabulary and I will be making a pizza with shredded zucchini, garlic and olive oil with smoked gouda tomorrow. Exact recipe to follow after I come up with one!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.