Monday, January 14, 2008

(Almost) 15 Minute Chili


Here is a new photo that is going to the website www.timetoeat,info

The "big" snow never happened last night and we were lucky if we got an inch!

I happily sent 2 unhappy kids off to school today and had a lovely day.

I made chili tonight in what seemed like record time.

Heated a high sided pan with a lid on high heat. Added a tbs. of olive oil and 1 thinly sliced onion. Sauteed for 3 minutes, added a handful of pre-sliced mushrooms and cooked an additional 2 minutes. While those were cooking I opened- BUT DID NOT ADD- 2 cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed them, and 2 cans of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs.

I added to the pan about 1 lb, of 90% lean ground beef and broke it up with a wooden spoon until there were no big chunks. I cooked the beef for about 6 minutes or until there was no visible pink. Then I added in the rinsed beans and diced tomatoes with their juice.

I added in a 1/2 packet of leftover taco seasoning, a pinch of salt and a good shake of cumin. I let all of this come for a boil, then reduced the heat to medium low, covered and let cook for another 20 minutes.

The girls ate their dinner without incidence tonight, and I had the leftover hoisin beef stir fry from last night.

I am working on the new series of cooking classes set to begin in Mid- March. There will be a new food and wine series which should be a great one!

If you are not on my email list, please email me via the website or leave me a note here and I will send you an email when the schedule is finalized.

No comments: