Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Smoked Gouda, prosciutto and zucchini pizza


I bought pizza dough at the market today, some smoked Gouda cheese, and a couple of zucchini.

I let the dough rise tonight and made 1/4 of the pizza with plain cheese, 1/4 of the pizza with turkey pepperoni- if you've never had these, they are amazing and my kids love them.

The other 1/2 of the pizza, I spread a little tomato sauce, added 3 slices of prosciutto, grated some smoked Gouda cheese, which was added next, and grated a zucchini which I added to the top of the sauce. I sprinkled a little black pepper on the grated zucchini and baked in a preheated 500 degree oven for 12 minutes.

I usually just spray the back of a cookie sheet with Pam and spread the dough out on the back. The pizza slides off easily and it's easy to clean.

I had a little left over grated zucchini which I sauteed in a little olive oil and frozen garlic cubes. It was delicious as a veg. side dish.

We also had steamed green beans which everyone ate happily!

No comments: