Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mexican chicken thighs


I have been in a bit of a food rut for the past 3 days, we have been picking at this and that, and the kids have really been pesky about their meals. I made homemade chicken tenders the other day, we ate pasta one day and I think they ate ramen soup another day.

Today was a new day and I bought some boneless, skinless, chicken thighs. They are healthy and very fast. I made a box of the knorr Spanish rice, and made the chicken.

It was very easy and the kids liked it.

Here's the recipe:

Preheat oven to 500. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place the chicken thighs on the sheet. Sprinkle the chicken with Adobo seasoning, a little garlic salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Because the thighs are skinless and boneless, they have about 20 more calories than a chicken breast, but a ton more flavor and they almost never dry out.

Bake the chicken for about 17 minutes. They don't even need to be turned. After about 15 minutes, turn the oven to broil and cook for another 1-2 minutes. We served this with some salad and the kids ate it up! I was planning to serve it with black beans, but we were out.

I am going to make French Onion soup tomorrow night for dinner with sauteed green beans.

Also, I am going to do WTNH on Saturday- if anyone has any cooking questions, please feel free to email me on my website www.timetoeat.info and click on the Ask Nicole button on the homepage.

Ciao!

No comments: