Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday night fish sticks (again!)


Well my kids officially like fish, even if it is dredged in Panko, it's a starting point!

I made homemade fish sticks again and they loved it again. I decided to broil a few pieces of tilapia for myself.

Here's how I made it.

Preheat oven to broil. Move rack to top 1/3 of oven. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place 4 pieces of tilapia on foil. Drizzle with a little olive oil, add a pinch of kosher salt, pepper and a little sprinkle of Greek Seasoning.

Broil in the oven for 7 minutes until cooked through and squeeze a bit of lemon juice on fish before serving.

I ate the fish with some Thai coconut lime rice that I bought at TJ's the other day. It's cooked rice that is shelf stable- I had to try it! I nuked it for 2 minutes and it was very tasty. I have to admit that I was surprised, I didn't have high hopes for this rice, but it was really good.

The girls have fallen in love with Nutella, it's their new favorite treat! We'll be ready for Paris in no time! LOL

I'm bringing Abby on WTNH tomorrow morning to help me make 15 Minute Soup. You can watch the video on wtnh.com and click on Good Morning Weekend CT.

No comments: