Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oven baked spare ribs- papa style


I went for a haircut today and left Kirk to make dinner. Well, didn't leave him entirely alone, I left him exact directions to make oven baked spareribs, jasmine rice and edamame. The meal was delicious and the kids were very happy.

Here's the recipe:

8 pork spareribs
1/2 C. hoisin sauce
1/4 C. honey
2 tsp. soy sauce

Preheat oven to 450. While oven preheats add all ingredients into a casserole (deep sided) pan. Stir around to combine and bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes. Ribs will be juicy and tender and the flavor is sweet and tangy.

I made the girls little Nutella tartlets tonight for dessert. I spread a little Nutella into these tiny tartlet cups that I ordered from Niftyfoods.com They have lots of different shapes and pretty much anything you add to these little cups makes them look fancy. I've even been known to spread a little pb and a slice of banana for the girls for a special dessert.

I will be doing a cooking segment this Saturday for WTNH, channel 8 in CT at 7:50 a.m., it's a 15 minute soup. Would love to hear from you if you have any cooking questions on my website www.timetoeat.info click Ask Nicole.

:)

No comments: