Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008


Well, we've made it to the beginning of yet another new year. I always feel like September is the beginning of the new year for me, new backpacks, lunchboxes, outfits, etc.. January feels like the end of a very long race, which begins with the start of the school year, rounds the corner with Halloween, followed by an all out sprint from Thanksgiving through Christmas.

I welcome the quiet of January and am hoping for a little snow. We had a great day today, went to 2 New Year's day open house parties. There was wonderful food at both of them. The first had a spread with lentil soup, turkey chili, veggies, fruit salad, and an enormous platter of cookies. Everyone always seems so much more relaxed at these parties because the stress of the holidays is over and people can just relax and enjoy themselves.

The other party had a warm fireplace and I was surrounded by dear friends as well. I need to go to the market tomorrow and am planning on making some panko crusted chicken tenderloins with a tangy lemon sauce, a baked potato and a veg, maybe green beans if they look good.

I also want to make a red snapper dish that I made a while ago with a coconut rice and kidney beans. The other thing I'd like to make this week is black beans and rice, or a black bean soup.

Tomorrow is the girls last day before they return to school-yippee!!

I wish everyone a calm and peaceful new year.

No comments: