Saturday, January 5, 2008

Indian food!


It's Saturday night, and we've just returned from our friends house. Their parents were visiting, they are Indian and when we are invited for dinner, it is something we NEVER refuse.

Tonight's dinner was Basmati rice, a potato dish that is mashed cooked potato with an assortment of spices, a sauteed okra with mustard seed that is my favorite, Pouri- which are hand rolled flat breads that are fried until they puff up, and a sauce that is turmeric colored and had pearl onions and a bunch of amazing spices.

It was all so incredible, and I love to watch her cook, it's the way my grandmother taught me, use your senses, visual, smell, touch. She just knows how much of a certain spice to add.

We came home later than usual tonight, and we have to wake up early as Abby has her first chess tournament tomorrow morning, we are all so excited for her.

Sorry I can't give you any recipes from tonight's meal, I don't even know all of the spices she was using.

I bought cauliflower and thin pork chops for tomorrow night's dinner. Recipe to follow.

No comments: