Sunday, January 6, 2008

Roasted curried cauliflower


Abby brought home a GIANT trophy from her chess tourney today, well- all of the kindergartners brought home giant trophies. She had fun and is quite proud of herself. Needless to say, we were all pretty tired from the excitement of the day.

We hung around the house and I made some curried roasted cauliflower and some "shake n bake" style thinly sliced pork chops.

I combined:
1/2 C. panko
1 C. Italian bread crumbs
1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp. garlic salt
pinch of black pepper

I dipped the chops in milk, then rolled them in the breading. I baked them in the oven at 450 on a foil lined cookie sheet for about 18 minutes. They were tasty, but not as crunchy as the "shake". I think if I were to add some cornmeal that would have crisped them up a bit. Try it and let me know.

Here is a delicious recipe for roasted curried cauliflower. I tend to go pretty light on the curry so my kids will eat it.

Preheat oven to 450. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Cut cauliflower into quarters then quarter again. Arrange cauliflower on cookie sheet so they don't overlap.

Drizzle a little olive oil on the cauliflower, you can go light, it's just so the curry has something to adhere to.

Sprinkle about a teaspoon of curry over all of the cauliflower. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 18-20 minutes, The cauliflower browns beautifully and tastes great!

I have a chicken I am going to roast tomorrow night with carrots, shallots and celery.

No comments: