Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Tika Tika what?

As many of you know, I am not a huge Costco shopper, but I am slowly becoming a convert. I bought an amazing Tika Masala sauce in the fresh food section of Costco. It came in a quart container and with a bit of doctoring, made a really delicious meal.

I added a little olive oil to a large pot. I added in a sliced onion and let that cook for a few minutes. While that was cooking, I cut up a couple of carrots and threw that into the pot. I threw in a bag of colossal uncooked, peeled, cleaned and deveined raw shrimp and stirred the pot around for a minute as the shrimp began to thaw. Then I added in a new find from Trader Joe's. It's a bag of frozen chopped spinach. I love this product because you don't need to thaw a block of spinach, you can take a handful as needed and add it to any dish. I took about 2 cups and added it to the pot. I added in the Tika Masala sauce and a can of drained garbanzo beans. Finally, I added a can of light coconut milk. I stirred it all around, turned the heat to medium, put the lid on it, and left it alone for 20 minutes.

We went to a friend's house for dinner tonight. These are dear friends and we've been doing family dinners together since our eldest kids were infants. She made a salad and rice.

The kids didn't get to eat this meal, as it was fairly spicy and I won't make the kids eat spicy foods (yet!). They ate rice, carrots and ranch dip, strawberries and some fish sticks that my friend had made.

It was a nice night and I love eating dinner with friends and their kids.

Kirk heads back to work tomorrow, and I have to go to the market to prep for a TV show I'm doing on Saturday morning. The segment is, " What to do with your leftover Easter eggs."

I think tomorrow will be a piece of salmon with roasted brussel sprouts and crispy roasted potatoes.

No comments: