Friday, April 20, 2007

Melange of leftovers

Tonight's dinner is something I hope many of you can relate to. "Clean out the fridge" night. We ate the little bit of Chinese takeout from last night, a bag of edamame I boiled, and an interesting idea, but not-so-great vegetable stir fry.

I sauteed a little onion in a pan with about a tablespoon of olive oil. I added in a cup of assorted mushroom and sauteed for a few minutes. Then I added in about a cup of shredded cabbage and a cup of shredded carrot. I added a few cubes of frozen garlic and ginger, a little hoisin sauce, about 1/2 C. of coconut milk and a little soy sauce. Long story short.... It was ok, not great.

While we were away, I had an amazing Tom Yum Soup and must get a recipe to recreate it. Tonight's vegetables were a sttttreeetttchhh of the imagination.

I'd love to hear other people's dinner mishaps.

No comments: