Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Fusion food

Week 3 of Kirk and the girls cooking. They decide what to make and I practice keeping my mouth shut.

They made homemade pizza and miso soup. I stayed upstairs while they cooked and came down at the end to make a salad. The girls made 1/3 cheese, 1/3 turkey pepperoni and 1 piece with onions. Kirk bought miso for the soup and everyone seemed to enjoy the meal. Each girl ate exactly one piece of lettuce from the salad, saying the dressing was too tart. I made a simple dressing with rice wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. I sliced some purple onion and added a little sugar and rice wine vinegar. I let it sit for 5 minutes to take the bite out of the onion and added the vinegar to the salad.

They are really enjoying their weekly cooking and I am hopeful they will begin to branch out and try some new foods.

No comments: