Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dad's night to cook

Kirk and the girls are really getting into the swing of things with their weekly cooking. We've made a few concessions, mainly that I go to the market for them and buy their supplies.

Tonight they grilled steak, steamed green beans and cooked rice. The girls loved helping, and he let them snap the beans, measure the water and rice and grind the pepper and salt onto the steaks. Abby even did my job and set the table.

I stayed firmly put on the couch and read my book. It is certainly a treat to leave the cooking up to someone else one night a week.

I finally got organized and bought supplies for dinner for the next few nights. Tomorrow night will be sweet and sour pork. I've never made it before, but how hard can it be?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easy for you...difficult for me!!!