Thursday, April 5, 2007

The best laid plans...

Tonight's menu was all laid out, I even bought a beautiful piece of salmon for tonight and my fresh brussel sprouts are still sitting on the counter waiting to be roasted. After taking my daughter to her swimming lesson, I called a friend and she invited us over for dinner. Kirk's on a trip and her husband was working late.

It was an all girls night, 7 of us in total. She made some capellini and had bought some chicken francaise. We both agreed the chicken was missing something, but it was nice to have dinner with friends again.

The salmon and brussel sprouts will have to be lunch tomorrow. My in-laws are flying in tomorrow and I don't know what time they'll arrive. The pantry is pretty well stocked with stuff for black bean and chicken taco's or the well worn pasta and a salad.

No comments: