Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Good chops

Another beautiful day in New England. I usually make pork chops during the cooler months, but this is one of my husbands favorite meals and the girls are always happy with pork chops.

I baked potatoes at 400 for about 40 minutes before starting the chops.

In a bowl, mix 1 C. panko with a few shakes of garlic salt, a couple grinds of pepper and about 1 teaspoon of flour.

Whisk an egg into a bowl with a splash of milk. Rinse the chops and quickly dip them in the egg mixture followed by a dredge in the panko crust.

Heat a heavy (I use Le Creuset) pan on medium high heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the chops and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, turn, then transfer the pan into the oven. Remove potatoes and let them rest covered in a dish towel.

Let the chops finish baking in the oven for another 8-10 minutes.

While the pork chops finished cooking, I steamed some corn and brought what's left of the huge bowl of cherries we bought yesterday to the table to eat with dinner.

I like to eat my pork chops with cranberry sauce (you know, the kind you have at Thanksgiving), but my husband and kids prefer apple sauce.

I have one more pound of ground turkey that I am going to make spaghetti & meat sauce with for tomorrow night.

Once again, where has the week gone?

No comments: