Saturday, May 5, 2007

Fire up the grill.

I brought my younger daughter with me this morning to do a cooking segment with me on WTNH. We had a great time and she was really comfortable helping. You can view the segment by visiting WTNH.com http://www.wtnh.com and clicking on the Good Morning Weekend Connecticut section.

We spent a great day with friends at the beach and decided (as we often times do) to share dinner duties. I brought up some frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs which I bought from Trader Joe's. I've used them a few times and they've turned out delicious each time. I also brought up a bag of frozen shrimp and a bag of edamame. My friend had the grill fired up and ready to go, I drizzled a little olive oil, salt, pepper, honey and rice wine vinegar on the chicken then popped them onto the grill. I covered them with the lid and let them cook for about 4 minutes before turning them. I let them cook for another 3 minutes, then took them off the grill and covered them in foil and finished them off in a 400 degree oven.

While those finished up, I grilled the shrimp which I had simply drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. They literally took 30 seconds on the first side and a minute on the second side. While they cooled, I made a dipping sauce for them with about 1/2 C. soy sauce, a teaspoon of Mirin, 1/4 C. of rice wine vinegar and a teaspoon of sugar. They were delicious and so easy!

I boiled the edamame and we all enjoyed a simple meal from the freezer to the table.

No comments: