Thursday, May 17, 2007

Date night.

I'm convinced that whoever invented weekly date night clearly NEVER had children. In concept it's a good one, in execution, we are a little lacking.

Needless to say, we did have a date night tonight. I made the girls one of their favorite 15 minute meals, panko crusted turkey scalloppini, steamed green beans, and sliced pears. They were happy, and so was I because I can practically make it with my eyes closed.

The recipe:
1 package thinly sliced turkey (turkey for scalloppini)
1 C. panko
1/2 C. flour
1 teaspoon of Lawry's seasoning salt
ground pepper to taste
1/2 C. canola oil

Heat oil in a large nonstick pan on medium high heat. While the oil heats, combine panko, flour, salt and pepper. Rinse turkey and dredge in mixture being sure to coat both sides. Add turkey to pan and cook 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and serve.

Pretty much a no brainer.

As for our dinner... a large popcorn, a bag of starburst and a diet coke all enjoyed in a dark room in front of a big big screen. A perfect date night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What movie did you see?
I made your mom's chicken last night and it was very good! What kind of hot peppers do you serve with it? I bought a fresh jalapeno but never got around to roasting (or serving) it.
Tonight or tomorrow I will make the Ecuadorian pork. Now to the spinach salad for a ladies' lunch.
Love,
Auntie C.