Friday, February 15, 2008

Seriously easy chicken parmesan!


I went to Trader Joe's yesterday to buy the stuff to make Spanikopita (recipe to follow) and came out with a couple cool new products. One of them is the frozen cooked breaded chicken tenderloin breasts. I am always looking for healthy quick alternatives and the kids like my chicken fingers so I tried these tonight.

They are pretty healthy, 150 cal for 2 pieces and 4.5 grams of fat. You simply bake them in the oven at 400 for 15 minutes. They turned out crisp and tender. They ate them up and were asking for more, but I had only made 2 pieces.

I made a quick chicken parm for the grown-ups. I took 4 pieces of the chicken, placed it in a shallow cooking pyrex dish, put some tomato sauce on top (about 1 C.) and 1/2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese which I keep in the freezer. I baked the whole thing in the oven at 400 while the other chicken cooked for 20 minutes. Before I took it out of the oven, I put it on broil for 2 minutes to brown the cheese. It was great and sooooo easy.

No comments: