Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cooking with kids


We had a semi-successful sleep over event last night- 1 made it, the other had to be picked up at 11 p.m.-ugh!

Anyhow, one of the girls friends said she was interested in learning how to cook, so I suggested they come up with a menu and we'd cook it tonight. They opted for tacos.

There were 5 girls ranging in age from 3-5 to 7. Everyone had a job from putting shredded cheese in a bowl to helping brown the beef in the pan. They also set the table, and even made place cards. They were really proud of themselves and for a special treat, I let me each make chocolate dipped mini pretzel sticks.

They were all so focused and not only did they really enjoy dinner, but THEY even volunteered to clear and wash the dishes!!! I was shocked. They all worked together so beautifully and enjoyed having such an active role in the kitchen. I have a cute video I took of them doing dishes, I will try to add to the blog.

No comments: