Friday, February 8, 2008

Broiled T-Bones


My clients often ask me what my favorite cut of beef is. I have 3. 1 is a boneless, NY strip steak, they are tender, juicy and very flavorful. 2 is a skirt or hangar steak if you can find them, and my 3rd is a T-Bone. You get a little porterhouse and a little filet.

I will say that filet is NOT my favorite cut of meat, it's too soft and not as flavorful as other cuts.

Tonight I broiled 2 t-bone steaks for us for dinner with a little pasta and some fresh cut veggies.

It's very easy to do. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Move the oven rack to the top 1/3 of the oven and turn the oven to high broil. While the oven heats, drizzle just a little olive oil on the steaks and mash 2 cubes of frozen garlic on each of the steaks. Add a pinch of salt and a good couple grinds of pepper. You will add more salt after the steak has cooked through.

Cook the steaks for about 4-5 minutes per side and serve. It doesn't get much easier than that. This method also works with the NY strip steak and the hangar steak, although the hangar takes about 1 minute less per side.

We are going to see a great folk singer tomorrow night, Lucy Kaplansky, and I am looking forward to it. Kirk will be left to his own devices for dinner with the girls... :)

No comments: