Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pasta with mushrooms and truffle oil


We had a really nice relaxing day today, the kids even bundled up and rode their bikes outside. We ate dinner with our neighbors tonight and I have been in the mood for truffle oil, so I made a really simple pasta. Here's the recipe.

Boil a pot of water for pasta, I used linguine.

While the water boils, melt 2 tbs unsalted butter in a pan on high heat. Rinse 1 package of button mushrooms and quarter. When the butter is melted, add the mushrooms and saute for 5-6 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and a couple grinds of black pepper. When the pasta is just al dente, add it to the mushrooms. Stir to incorporate and add 3 tbs. of truffle oil. The truffle oil is very strong, so don't be tempted to add much more. Add in 1 handful of chopped fresh parsley and about 1/4 C. of parmesan cheese. Serve.

We had some mahi mahi that I bought at Trader Joe's the other day. It was marinated and frozen and I let it thaw in the fridge, then I baked it at 400 for 15 minutes. It was ok, a little tough for my taste, but fine.

The pasta was a hit and we all enjoyed it.

No comments: