Monday, February 4, 2008

Lamb chops, pilaf and a side of sassy


I took Abby to the market with me today and she helped me choose some dinner options for the week. Tonight she wanted lamb chops and green beans.

I made a box of Near East Rice Pilaf, steamed some fresh green beans and roasted some little lamb chops. I preheated the oven to 450, lined a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and placed each chop on the foil. I made a paste of 2 cubes of frozen garlic, a teaspoon of dijon mustard, a couple shakes of Greek Seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper. I used the back of a fork to combine all of ingredients, then I spooned a little bit of it on each chop.

I cooked the chops for about 10 minutes, NOT turning. They were very small chops and cooked quickly. The girls devoured them, ate 3 a piece. The rice wasn't a huge hit, but they ate a couple spoonfuls each.

We are having dessert wars at the moment, will keep you posted who wins.

No comments: