Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fridge on the fritz!


Our refrigerator broke on Saturday and coincided with the beginning of school vacation. UGH!!! Thankfully we had another smaller fridge in the basement and we didn't lose too much food. We've had this one for at least 9 years and never did much to maintain it, except kept it clean and changed the water filter.

We ventured out first on the internet to look at new models, how overwhelming- what size, what color, ice maker, blah, blah, blah... I am a touchy visual person so we went to Sears today to look at new refrigerators. We had narrowed down our choices a little and had looked at Consumer Reports before venturing out.

It took us about 45 minutes even after having done all of that homework. We choose a Stainless, energy efficient, ice maker, big one. I can't remember which brand we got, but I think it was GE or Kenmore. I was surprised how little difference there was between the more expensive models and the less expensive ones.

The best news is that it is being delivered tomorrow!!! I will admit that I am looking forward to starting with a new fridge, I LOVE to organize!

We ate at the Diner last night and I have some Bulgogi (Korean thinly sliced beef) I bought at Trader Joe's that I am going to cook tonight with some couscous and edamame.

No comments: