Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Braised cod with capers and tomatoes


I made dinner with my neighbor tonight and her kids. I had some chicken tenderloins which I tossed in with olive oil, kosher salt and a little pepper and grilled in her grill pan.

While that cooked, I shared my recipe for braised cod. Cod cooks very quickly and this recipe is delicious. The kids wanted NO part of it, but we enjoyed it!

Heat 1 C. of white wine in a deep pan with a lid. Add 2 cubes frozen garlic. Season fish with a pinch of salt and pepper. When the wine begins to boil, add fish in a single layer, a handful of capers and about 1 C. of halved cherry tomatoes. Cover and let cook for 8 minutes.

Remove fish from the pan and cook down the liquid for another 4 minutes. Add in 2 tbs. unsalted butter. The reduction should be thick and saucy with the capers, tomato and white wine.

My friend made some rice and a salad and we all enjoyed dinner together.

No comments: