Saturday, March 31, 2007

What's yours is mine.

I've spent the better part of 3 weeks planning for a parents social event for my daughter's school. We did a cheese and wine tasting with some other nibblies and desserts. I contributed a recipe and a sampling of my Latin Crab Bites, which seemed to be popular. I also brought home some wonderful leftovers which I'll be eating for the next couple of days- my friend who owns a catering company called Festivities made us a Middle Eastern Platter of rolled grape leaves, hummus, baba ganoush, white bean salad, feta cheese and tabbouleh. I brought home some of the leftovers and can't wait to dig into it!

I took the girls for Chinese food with 2 of their friends tonight and invariably whatever I order, they end up wanting. We ordered our standard: spare ribs, rice and chicken with mixed vegetables. I ordered steamed vegetable dumplings and a bowl of wonton soup. My soup arrives and all 4 girls say, " I want a wonton!" So I hand over my 4 wontons and drink the broth. Their food comes and they're still thinking about the wontons. I tell them to eat their dinner and I'll order 1 more bowl of soup. They wolf down the chicken and vegetables, some rice and a rib or two. The whole time they're eating, I see them eyeing me as if I might be holding out on a wonton. Emma even asked for one of my steamed vegetable dumplings.

I've got a TV spot next Saturday the 7th on WTNH, and am excited to share a recipe for a Nicoise Tuna sandwich with hardboiled eggs, a good use for all of those leftovers on Sunday, I'll post the recipe next week.

No comments: