Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pantry pasta meals, A.K.A. lazy mama food

The cake made it to the school with no problems. Everyone was oohing and aahing. My daughter went over to admire "her cake" and the unthinkable happened, she knocked over the "Miss Spider's Tea Party" book onto the cake, shattering the spun sugar dome her mom had so meticulously made. She was upset and I was pretty disappointed, fortunately the cake still raised money for the school and no harm was done, except in my imagination...

We spent the day out with friends and got home at 5:21 p.m. I stuck the kids in front of the T.V. (thank God for Disney on Demand) while I pulled out 2 1/2 used boxes of pasta and a jar of sauce. Definitely a no frills meal. Kirk, who just got home from work, ate the left over turkey breast that I had roasted last night, and the girls had some applesauce with their pasta. I picked out the rest of the carrots and we had a pretty uneventful meal.

I told the kids they had a choice of 2 things for dinner tomorrow night. I know neither of these is their favorite, but I hoped that giving them a choice would at least make it more appealing.
We could either have fish or shrimp, they choose shrimp. I love shrimp, but I'm not sure how I'm going to prepare it . We're going to have baked potatoes and some kind of vegetable, hopefully I will be able to find Swiss chard.

Upon writing this, I realize now would be an opportune time to think about meals for the next few days, as I felt like I went to the market 3 times last week.

No comments: