Monday, September 24, 2007

We're hungry N-O-W!!!

Tonight's meal was out of a fast food commercial.

Imagine if you will....

Mom overwhelmed with laundry, the broom has gone missing and the kids are pawing at her legs drawling, "mommmmm, I'mmmm realllllyyyy hungryyyyy...."

What's a mother to do?

Mom opens the freezer and fridge simultaneously, a bell goes off, "I know what I'll make." she says with a smile.

That was my night tonight. It was as close to "kid food" as we do. I made some homemade chicken tenders by dredging them in egg whites, seasoned flour and bread crumbs (would have used Panko, but was out).

Cooked them in a little canola oil for about 3 minutes per side.

While those cooked, I made a mixture of frozen 5 minute fries and fresh sweet potato fries that I bought peeled and sliced from trader joes. They got a drizzling of olive oil, Lawry's seasoning salt and pepper. The fries baked in the oven at 450 for about 10 minutes.

I quickly procured 2 little bowls of frozen peas (which oddly enough the girls love) and I nuked some in a bowl for me.

A little sliced watermelon and strawberries and everyone was happy for dinner.

Whew... I'm exhausted just writing about dinner tonight!

No comments: