Thursday, September 20, 2007

Co Op dinners

A friend of a friend recently moved in across the street from us. We have girls the same age and as luck would have it, tonight both hubbies were away for work. She kindly invited me to stay for dinner and I ran over to get the leftovers I had made at work today to add to the impromptu potluck.

I grilled shrimp that I had seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning, a tsp. of Adobo and a small pinch of ground red pepper. I squeezed the juice from a lemon and added a little olive oil to the bowl. I turned the grill to high and quickly cooked these delicious shrimp. They can be eaten either hot or cold and have a great kick to them.

I also made couscous by sauteing 1/2 a purple onion in a little olive oil and butter. I added 2 diced celery stalks and 1/2 diced carrot. I added 4 C. of chicken stock, and when that boiled, I added in 3 1/2 C. couscous. I turned the heat off, and covered the pot so the couscous could steam. I fluffed the couscous with a fork and added a little more olive oil and a handful of chopped parsley.

Tonight, I added a little shredded lettuce to the couscous and served the shrimp atop the dish. It was light and delicious.

My friend made amazing Indian lamb "meatballs" which she cooked in an aromatic Indian tomato sauce with cumin, garlic, ginger and garbanzo beans.


It is a gift to share a meal with others.

No comments: