Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cooking up a storm

Taught my first class at Aitoro today to a fun group of women. It's always very reinforcing to know that I am actually bettering people's lives.

Came home and geared up for my weekly cooking that I have been doing for the family with the new baby. They loved last weeks offerings and I bought lots of fresh fruits and veggies to cut, hummus, crackers and tonight I'm going to make a lasagne with ground turkey meat and chicken sausage. It should be delicious and much healthier than a traditional lasagna.

I am also going to make a beef stew with red wine, potatoes, mushrooms, peas and onions. As well as a South American roasted pork with fresh jalapenos, apricot jam, purple onions, cilantro and lime.

Recipes to follow tomorrow.

I am, quite frankly, procrastinating at the moment and looking for anything else to do except go down to the kitchen to work.

We took the girls to Sakura tonight for sushi and had a nice time. The girls were thrilled to have umbrellas and monkeys in their drinks.

Ahhhh, I remember those days!

No comments: