Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Little nuggets of love

Now I understand why moms feed their kids chicken nuggets in front of the television. I have made my kids homemade chicken fingers which are quite easy to do, but I am heading to work tonight and wasn't in any mood to cook.

We had some leftover dino chicken nuggets in our second freezer in the basement from when my in-laws came out. I stumbled across them and decided, "what the hell?!" I nuked them for a couple of minutes, served the last of the angel hair pasta and some sliced raw veggies.

The girls thought I was a rock-star, they were practically dancing! I felt a little guilty about doing this, but my motto is, "everything in moderation." As a kid, I remember eating those frozen dinners with the little dessert and the Salisbury steak and thought it was such a treat!

I'm headed to Greenwich to do a class tonight and am, quite frankly, looking forward to getting out of the house for a couple of hours.

No comments: