Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Keeping up...

As you can see, the blog is the first thing to get dumped at the end of the day. I have, in fact, been making dinner every night, but by the days end, I am usually too tired to report on our meal.

Last night I grilled a couple T-Bone steaks that I had marinated in some Soy Vay island Teriyaki sauce, it's a great all purpose sauce and makes everything taste great. I made some spaghetti with olive oil, butter, salt and Parmesan cheese which the girls LOVED, proclaiming, " this is the B-E-S-T pasta" they had ever had. We had a salad with dinner too, the girls eating the cucumber and carrots.

I made Chicken Enchiladas last night for tonight's meal. It is incredibly easy. If I had known it was that easy, I would have been making them sooner.

I sauteed a little olive oil in a pan, added in about 1/2 C. of frozen diced onions. I recently found these at the store and they've been working well. I added in about 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sprinkled them with Adobo seasoning and let them brown for about 4 minutes. I turned the chicken, added in about 1 cup of Trader Joe's Frozen Roasted Corn and a large can (about 2 Cups) of red enchilada sauce. I turned the heat down to medium low and let cook covered for 25-30 minutes.

The chicken is moist and breaks apart easily with a fork.

I took a casserole pan and added a little of the sauce to the bottom of the pan. I added in about 2 cups of 2% shredded cheddar cheese to the chicken mixture and stirred until the cheese was incorporated.

I used corn tortillas and added in a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture. I folded them up and put them seam side down in the pan. I did this until the pan was full, then added a little more of the chicken mixture to the top of the casseroles. I also added in a few teaspoons of diced green chilies to the top of the mixture as well as a little more cheese.

I'm going to cook it uncovered in the oven at 400 for 18-20 minutes. If I'm motivated, I'll make some Spanish rice and beans to go with it, but the girls want to swim now and I might not be up for it.

In any event, we have fresh pineapple and more cucumber and carrots from last nights meal.

No comments: