Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hoisin honey glazed steak

It was H-O-T here today. I dragged myself out of a lovely air conditioned house to try this new recipe. I served the steak with boiled edamame and some fresh lo mien noodles that I added a little teriyaki sauce to.

Steak recipe: Preheat the grill to high.

In a deep sided dish add:

2 boneless NY strip steaks
about 1/4 C. hoisin sauce
about 2 tablespoons honey
about 1 tablespoon soy sauce

Let marinade for a couple of minutes.

Place the steak on a hot grill, turn down to medium and close the lid. Let cook for about 4 minutes, turn the steaks, cover and let cook for an additional 4 minutes. Remove from the grill and cover loosely with a piece of tented aluminum foil for a minute or two so the steak can rest.

The flavor is very rich and the kids loved it.

I have some pizza dough for tomorrow. It's supposed to be hotter tomorrow and I was contemplating Slurpee's for dinner!!!

No comments: