Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Age is really just a number

I know I normally write about our family dinners, but seeing as we were having leftovers from last night's party and I wanted to take a moment to tell you that I played tennis with a 91 year old woman today and she creamed me!

It is amazing to see someone who is not only lucid of mind, but fluid of body. She was agile and graceful on the court and had a killer drop shot which she impressed upon me numerous times during our 45 minute play.

While I took a water break, she waited patiently for me to return. I chased balls all over the court, she arrived at each ball with grace and strength. I wish that everyone had a Billie in their lives, she is an honor to know and a force to be reckoned with.

I think she also played easy on me because I brought her leftover paella! Yikes...

I am gearing up for a bridal shower that I'm doing on Saturday, it's a Thai themed menu and I have NO plan whatsoever for dinner tomorrow night. Whatever I can pull out of the pantry-I'm thinking bean and cheese burritos.

No comments: