Wednesday, March 25, 2009

teriyaki salmon with brown rice and spinach


I was in the mood for salmon and came up with a super fast way of making dinner in 1 pan. This recipe serves 1 person.

Preheat the oven to 450. Line a smallish cookie sheet or brownie pan with foil and add 1 6oz. piece of salmon filet. Add 1 C. of frozen brown rice around the salmon and 1/2 C. of frozen spinach. Trader Joe's sells frozen chopped spinach in a bag that is not frozen in a chunk allowing you to use just what you need. Add 1/4 C. teriyaki sauce to fish, and 2 tbs. of water to the frozen rice.

Roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until salmon is cooked through. Halfway through cooking, stir rice and spinach.

This recipe can easily be doubled.

1 comment:

torrie said...

I have this in the oven right now! What a perfect, simple dish. I googled rice, spinach, salmon (I had TJ's frozen brown rice and spinach) and saw this- absolutely perfect! I didn't have a lot of time to prepare, and it was so nice to "throw" everything in to one pan. I substituted an Asian marinade for the teriyaki sauce... we'll see how it turns out! Thanks for the recipe:).