Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Roasted Chicken Breasts, Rice with Pigeon Peas and Green Beans


Tonight's dinner is an old stand-by.

Roasted chicken- I have 2 bone-in breasts which I lay into a casserole pan, squeeze the juice from 1 lemon, add a drizzle of olive oil and a good sprinkle of Adobo seasoning and a pinch of pepper. I added a couple peeled, sliced carrots under the chicken and roasted at 400 for 35 minutes.

While the chicken cooks, I have a box of Spanish rice with Pigeon peas. They are a hard flavor to explain, tastes similar to a black bean but with a firmer texture.

We are also having a can of green beans. I must admit that I DO NOT like canned veggies and found these at the waaaaaay back of our pantry yesterday, however Kirk and I both agreed that we grew up eating (and loving) canned green beans. They taste nothing like a real green bean, but they do have a familiar texture.

Tomorrow's dinner is going to involve something with shrimp... Mexican with black beans? Italian with sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts??

No comments: