Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thai noodle soup


We are all a little under the weather today so I decided to make soup. It is, however about 85 degrees here with 100% humidity!!

This soup started out as a vegetable saute, but I just kept adding things.

Start with a nonstick pan with high sides. Add 1 tbs. peanut oil. Add a diced shallot and 2 cubes of frozen garlic and a cube of frozen ginger, saute about 1 minute. Add a handful of sliced mushrooms and saute for another minute.

Add about a cup of green beans that have been sliced in 1/2. Saute for another minute, then add a pinch of curry powder and a good pinch of kosher salt.

Add in a can of diced tomatoes, a can of coconut milk and an 8 oz. container of chicken stock.

Zest 1/2 a lime and add that to the soup as well as about 3 tbs. roughly chopped cilantro.

I happened to have an ear of corn, so I cut that in half and added it to the soup as well as a leftover cooked chicken breast that I thinly sliced.

Lastly, I added in a handful of cellophane noodles about 5 minutes before sitting down to eat the soup.

I know the kids won't eat it, so they're getting some leftover chicken breast, noodles, and an ear of corn.

No comments: