Friday, May 9, 2008

Stuffed artichokes and grilled pork loin


It's a lousy rainy day here and the girls are playing with modeling clay downstairs. I am watching a little trashy TV (The Millionaire Matchmakers- ugh...) and wanted to share the recipes for our dinner tonight.

I bought 2 beautiful artichokes yesterday after my cooking demo and book signing at Whole Foods. It was a great success and I'm looking forward to returning next month.

I steamed the artichokes in a little water for about 35 minutes. One daughter likes them plain and the other one likes them stuffed. The recipe is very easy. Once the artichokes are steamed, make a mix of 1/2 C. of Italian bread crumbs, a tablespoon of olive oil, 2 cubes of frozen garlic and a good pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Stir to combine and stuff a little bit inside each leaf of the artichoke.

Bake in a casserole pan at 400 for 10-12 minutes.

Also I made the pork loin from yesterday's blog entry, it was delicious and very tender. Give it a try!

Happy mother's day! My hope is to lay in bed with a coffee!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where is yesterday's pork loin recipe??