Thursday, April 10, 2008

Kale Chips


I saw these somewhere, maybe a tv show and was very curious about them, so I decided to make them with dinner tonight.

I made teriyaki boneless, skinless chicken thighs with Soy Vey Island Teriyaki sauce. I placed the chicken in a glass Pyrex dish and baked it at 400 for 35 minutes.

While that baked, I made basmati rice and steamed some green beans.

OK, Here's the recipe for Kale Chips, try them, they are amazing, and my kids even loved them! No one was more surprised than me that the girls loved them.

Rinse a head of Kale. Tear off leaves from stems, try to leave the leaves in largish pieces, about 3" if you can.

Lay them on a Silpat lined cookie sheet, it's ok if they are rather bunched together.

Drizzle olive oil over the kale leaves and add a sprinkling of Lawry's seasoning salt, BUT go light as I really over salted them tonight.

Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until they just begin to turn brown, don't overcook them as they will taste burnt.

They are crisp and almost melt in your mouth.

Try them, what an amazing way to eat kale!!

No comments: