Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A full day of nothing...


The kids are on school vacation (again!) and of course my husband is working. I've scheduled play dates this week and have resigned myself to hanging out this week.

I made another loaf of the no knead bread yesterday. It was plain and I think I added too much water because it was very sticky. Anyhow, it still rose but wasn't as airy in the center. The crust was still very good and the girls loved eating warm bread.

We went to the beach twice today for 2 different play dates and the weather was nice.

I made broiled skirt steak, steamed corn and Sponge Bob Macaroni and cheese. I also served raw carrots and orange slices.

I love skirt steak, it's very flavorful and super quick to make.

Heat your oven to broil and move the rack to the top 1/3 of the oven. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place the steak on the foil. Drizzle with olive oil, add garlic salt, cracked black pepper and a smear of the garlic paste or a couple cubes of the frozen garlic to the steak.

Broil for 4 minutes per side and serve.

Is it Monday yet???

No comments: