Sunday, April 27, 2008

Grilled veal chops and the *secret to great grilling.


After a brief hiatus from blogging, I am back!

In our usual Sunday dinner, out friends came by for dinner.

I had baked more of the no-knead bread this weekend. I made it with Parmesan chunks, ground pepper, a little lemon zest and a tsp. of Greek Seasoning. It was yummy and I grilled some of it tonight on the grill with a little olive oil.

I also grilled 2 veal chops which I simply seasoned with olive oil, black pepper, kosher salt and Greek Seasoning. I have found the best way to ensure tender grilled meat and poultry is to:

Preheat the grill to VERY hot, add the meat, and cook for about 4 minutes per side. Turn the meat only once.

Remove the meat from the grill and wrap it in foil. Finish cooking the meat in a 450 degree oven for another 6-7 minutes.

I grilled this way last summer and everything turned out moist and juicy and with a great grilled flavor.

I also made more of the kale chips, steamed corn and some baked potatoes.

No comments: