Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday hang out


We had a quiet day today, the kids hung out, watched cartoons, we rode bikes outside because the weather was so mild and I took the girls and a friend to a matinee of Alvin and the Chipmunks. As I was sitting in the theatre I smiled because this is my life. We go to all of the kids movies, are excited about upcoming previews and look forward to watching the movie when it comes out on DVD. The movie was cute and I was happy to have spent a little "girl time" with the girls. Abby had a meltdown when we returned to the car and promptly fell fast asleep. The moment I put her in bed, she woke up and said she was hungry!

Thankfully, I had made the honey-ginger hoisin chicken last night. I reheated it, gave the girls some frozen peas and the rest of some leftover pasta with tomato sauce. One liked the chicken and ate 2 thighs, the other didn't. Story of my life!!!

I have some ground turkey and black beans for tomorrow and am contemplating what to do with them. Will let you know.

P.S. I got a phone call early this morning from WTNH show asking where I was, the new producer apparently sent the wrong confirmation date for me, so I will be taping the Last Minute Cocktail Party segment to air at a later date. Will let you know when it airs...

No comments: