Saturday, December 22, 2007

A movie streak


We had a fun day decorating Christmas cookies with a couple of our neighbors. They share Hanukkah with us, and we reciprocate with cookie decorating. I got really organized this year and bought a disposable tablecloth, a bunch of fun cookie sprinkles, etc... and made the cookies and frosting ahead of time so all we had to do was decorate.

I made some hot cider and cranked up the Christmas tunes on our IPod and we were all on our merry way. I have to admit that the cookies held the kids interest for about 18 minutes, but the adults decorated cookies for quite a while longer. I always forget how much fun it is to decorate cookies and we all really enjoyed ourselves. The best part was the clean up, I simply wrapped up the disposable tablecloth and threw the sticky sugary mess in the trash.

My husband took me to the movies (again) tonight and we saw I Am Legend. It was very scary and my hands were sore from squeezing his leg! We got take home tonight from Taipan. We shared the coconut curry soup and a ground chicken in lettuce leaves that is delicious.

We are going to NY tomorrow to take the kids to see the Nutcracker at Lincoln Center and in the morning, I am having new press shots taken. They will be up on the website eventually, I am even contemplating writing another cookbook. If anyone has any requests for something they'd like to see in my new book, please let me know.

Am looking forward to tomorrow, it should be fun, fun, fun!

No comments: