Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A 5:40 Feast!


I had dinner with a good friend tonight, and between the 2 of us, we had about 7 million kids! How to feed everyone? Make a little feast. I bought a few things from Trader Joe's today and rummaged around my fridge, here's what we came up with for dinner:
-a plate of raw sliced veggies

-salad with romaine, assorted veggies, orange infused dried cranberries, and a handful of roasted chestnuts

-steamed edamame and crab meat shumai (dumplings)- from Fuji Market in Greenwich- I think it's exit 4 or 5 off the 95. A fantastic little Japanese market where absolutely everything is written in Japanese and you have to look at the pictures and guess!

-skewered chipotle chicken- frozen from TJ's

-frozen jasmine rice from TJ's

-a bag of frozen veggies- peas, green beans and julienned carrots- from TJ's that I steamed and added a little butter and a pinch of salt

-steamed fresh asparagus

-a yummy little frozen pizza from TJ's with Gruyere, caramelized onion and proscuitto

-a little leftover chili from last night's dinner -see yesterday's post for recipe

-a bit of homemade guacamole-yummy

-cheese and spinach tortellini

Everyone found something that filled their tummies and it always makes me happy to share a meal with people I love.

2 comments:

P said...

Hi Nicole --

This blog is terrific and the recipes are easy and fun and most importantly -- delicious!

I love your "on the fly," feasts and this sounds like quite the smörgåsbord! I love that little
Gruyere tart from Trader Joe's. I've' had it as an appetizer for a dinner party on at least two occasions.

Dina F.

Time to Eat! said...

Wow, someone is actually reading this thing??? Thanks for your feedback. I'd love to hear from anyone else reading this. Thanks and see you around.