Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Roasted turkey breast, not just for Thanksgiving!


I bought a nice turkey breast yesterday and am roasting it for dinner tonight. People generally stick to chicken when they make poultry, but I love turkey, it's got a delicious flavor and is a snap to make.

Preheat the oven to 375. I added a handful of baby carrots to a roasting pan along with 1 onion that I had quartered and 2 peeled and cubed sweet potatoes. I added 1 C. of water to the vegetables. I rinsed the turkey breast under running water and didn't pat it completely dry.

Next I drizzled a little olive oil to the to of the turkey, followed by garlic salt, adobo seasoning, cracked black pepper, and a little bit of chipotle seasoning that I just bought. Add enough of the seasonings so that the entire skin of the turkey breast is seasoned. You still want to be able to see the skin just with seasoning over it.

Next, cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the top. Put the lemon halves into the turkey carcass after squeezing them. This will help to season the meat from the inside as well.

Add the turkey to the roasting pan, it should sit on the vegetables.

Roast for 1 1/2 hours or until the little thermometer pops up.

I am making some rice and steamed broccoli to round out this meal.

The house smells yummy already!

No comments: