Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chef Nicole on WGCH radio on Tuesday


I will be a guest on Doryn's Dish radio show on WGCH 1440 a.m. on Tuesday, October 14th from 9-10 a.m.

I'd love to have some call in's with any cooking questions. The number is (203)869-1490. You can also listen live on their website http://www.wgch.com.

I made lentil soup again today and have to tell you about a great gadget I've begun to use. I don't usually fall for any new kitchen gadget that claims to make life easier, but my girlfriend has one of these and I just had to try it.

I was suspicious because it was available at CVS, it's called the Vidalia Chop WIzard. Basically it chops things into small and really small pieces. It's so easy to use and I have been chopping EVERYTHING!!

I made 3 apple pies, and chopped the apples, I made my whole mis en place (all the veggies for the soup) in about 5 minutes, everything was equally chopped, and it was sooooo easy.

The soup was fantastic, and we had my neighbor over. Even the kids ate the soup again.

The other nice thing about this chopped is that it's small and doesn't have a lot of extra parts that I always lose.

The next time you're in CVS pick one up, they're great!

1 comment:

chefbea said...

I heard you on Doryn's dish yesterday. what a great show. Its good to have a food show on again. I use to do the what's cooking show on wgch but they stopped it several years ago.
I think I will get the gadget you mentioned - the chop wizzard.