Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ballpark chicken baby!


A journalist came to the house tonight at dinnertime and I decided to make ballpark chicken, edamame and couscous.

Our oven is (still) broken so I had to make it stove top. I added olive oil and a few garlic cubes to a large nonstick pan with a lid. Next add boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Add a little garlic salt and cracked pepper. Add about 1/4 C. of ketchup and yellow mustard to the pan. Brown chicken thighs on both sides, then add about 1/2 C. chicken stock. Cover and reduce heat to medium.

Add in about 1 C. of frozen sliced peppers (I bought some from Trader Joe's). Continue cooking until the sauce has cooked down and thickened up. About 15 minutes.

While the chicken cooks, boil water for edamame and make couscous in a 3rd pan ( I didn't like using 3 pans, but could find no other way..)

Everyone ate and was happy.

I bought some cooked pulled pork from TJ's that I am going to make black bean quesadilla's with tomorrow night, will tell you how they turn out.

No comments: