Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday supper

Darkness at 4:45 p.m.-hmmmm..

I made a mishmash of things tonight for dinner. We had our friends for dinner tonight and their girls.

I made flounder that I quickly cooked in a little olive oil, salt and pepper. I removed the fish from the pan, added a little more olive oil, and sauteed a zucchini that I had diced and a whole sliced onion. I let those cook for a few minutes, then added in a cup of cherry tomatoes that I had cut in half. I sauteed those for another minute, added a pinch of salt and pepper, and a 1/4 C, of white wine. I served the veggies on the fish. It was good, but a little bland for my taste. I should have added a little red pepper flakes to the veggies.

i had bought some Lebanese couscous when we went to Kalustyans's in NY. I started with a little olive oil, and a cup of diced carrot, celery and onion. I found fresh diced veggies at Trader Joe's, what a time saver. After sauteeing the veggies for a couple of minutes, I added in 2 C, of couscous and 2 C. of chicken stock, brought it to a boil, reduced the heat to med. low and covered. I added in a little salt and pepper before serving. It was the largest couscous I have ever seen. Abby loved it

I also made some pasta with leftover chicken and red beans that the girls loved.

It was nice to spend Sunday evening with our friends and am looking forward to reading the NY Times after the girls go to bed!

No comments: