Thursday, November 29, 2007

Chinese for everyone


It's late and I've just finished catering the Burr Mansion Christmas Tree party with the catering company that I work for called Festivities. I'm pooped and didn't cook today. I ordered Chinese food for the girls and our babysitter. I did celebrate a special birthday yesterday with some dear friends and felt filled with gratitude for their friendship- it's so true there is no greater gift than friendship.

Anyhow, I wanted to quickly share a good vinaigrette recipe that I used today while having lunch with my friend and neighbor. It's a lime mint vinaigrette and very easy:

1/4 C lime juice
2 tbs. Dijon mustard
10 finely diced fresh mint leaves
handful of finely diced flat leaf Italian parsley
1/2-3/4 C. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
optional- shredded Parmesan cheese

Whisk lime juice and mustard together, add in mint, parsley, salt and pepper, and slowly whisk in olive oil. Season to taste and adjust olive oil. Dressing is very tangy and delicious and will keep in the fridge for a week, but trust me, it won't last that long. It's also good drizzled over shrimp, fish or chicken.

Ok, I'm off to collapse into bed. Have to prep for a 30 person cooking class/birthday party on Saturday.

No comments: