Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More pork please


I have rediscovered the joys of the pork tenderloin and made it for dinner again last night. This way was even easier than the last recipe. I simply drizzled a little olive oil on the tenderloins, sprinkled a little garlic salt, cracked pepper and a little Greek Seasoning.

Preheated the oven to 425, lined a cookie sheet with foil and roasted the tenderloins on the cookiesheet. I didn't even turn them this time. They took about 18 minutes and when they were cooked, I took them out of the oven , covered them in the foil they were cooked in and let them rest for a few minutes.

I boiled a few ears of corn, and made my families rice pilaf. I'm sure I've given the recipe, but here it is if I didn't.

1 tbs. olive oil
1/2 C. thin vermicelli noodles-broken, or chicken soup noodles
1 C. Uncle Ben's rice
2 C. chicken stock or water
kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 C. frozen peas

Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pot. Add the noodles, and stir until they become golden, about 2 minutes (they will burn quickly, so keep a close eye on them).

Add in the rice, and stir just to coat the grains with the olive oil.

Add in the stock or water to the pot, cover with a lid, and turn the heat down to medium low. Rice is ready when all water has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and throw in the peas. Turn the heat off and recover the pot until ready to serve.

No comments: