Saturday, October 13, 2007

The joys of pork tenderloin


I made a delicious and VERY easy pork tenderloin last night. I hadn't made a tenderloin in quite sometime and had forgotten how easy and delicious they are.

I set the oven to broil and put the rack in the top 1/3 of the oven. I lined a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and placed the 2 tenderloins on the cookie sheet.

I rubbed the tenderloins with some (maybe 2 tbs.) of dijon mustard, some garlic paste, and a little apricot jam ( it was only about 1 tbs. as that was all we had left). I sprinkled a little kosher salt and pepper on the tenderloins and popped them in the oven. They cooked for about 7 minutes, then I turned them once and let them finish cooking. I took the tenderloins out of the oven and wrapped them in the foil they cooked on to rest. This also helped them stay juicy and tender. Pork tenderloins have a tendency to dry out if left to cook for too long.

I made the dilled german potato salad that I did on TV a while ago, it has no mayo.

If you want the recipe, let me know and I'll add it to the blog.

Off to work tonight to do menu V from the 15 Minute Meals series.

No comments: